Friday, September 20, 2013

The Story Behind the Picture


compassion-blog-month-boy-in-africa

My name is Chari, and I am 5 years old.

Today has been a long day. I have been out in the village since before the sun came up, looking for odd jobs that I could do in order to buy food for my 3 little sisters.

My father and mother are both working in the city that is about 5 miles away. They work hard to try to buy food and clothes for me and my sisters, but since the city is too far away, they have to stay there and can only come back on weekends.

I miss them.

Since I am the oldest, I must provide for my sisters and my grandfather, who is 78 years old and blind, while my parents are away.

Today has been an unusually cold day. That is why my grandfather is letting me use his sweatshirt. He has had this sweatshirt since he was a boy, so it is tattered and worn.

I am very grateful to my grandfather for being so generous to me and letting me use it. I like the feel of the long sleeves, since it is the only long sleeve shirt that I have ever had.

Even though the sleeves are too long and the shirt is too big, this sweatshirt makes me feel loved. I feel as if I am being hugged constantly. It is so comforting.



Just think how much Chari would love to have a NEW sweatshirt. One that isn't tattered and worn and bug infested.

You can be the one who provides Chari with a new sweatshirt. And you can give his sisters and grandfather all new ones as well.

You can give him food and clean water and an education as well.

Chari is a precious boy and deserves to feel loved. And having a new sweatshirt is just one way that you can show him love. Your love and God's love.

You may be wondering, "How can I show love to a child like Chari in this way?"

By sponsoring a child through Compassion.

Don't wait another day. Bless a child, show a child your love. And by this, you will be showing God's love as well.

(If this has in any way encouraged you or prompted you to sponsor a child, please let me know. You can leave a comment down below or email me at jesusismyall2013@gmail.com. Thank you and please share as well.)





No comments:

Post a Comment